phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

Hungry, Hungry, Hoodoo (Easy Bake Coven, #2) - Liz Schulte Another amazing story by Liz Schulte! I love this woman. Her books have a way of sucking me in so that the rest of the world disappears around me. This book is the second in her Easy Bake Coven series. You can read my review of the first book, Easy Bake Coven, at Identity Discovery Blog.

Book one ends with Cheney and Selene taking over the throne of the Elves. Selene is a half elf, so this appears to be something that is going to cause a problem among the Elf race. The only part that seems ok is that Cheney is a full blooded elf and the heir to the throne. He over threw his father because he tried to banish Cheney for marrying a half elf. Cheney and Selene have decided that it is time for change among the Fae, allowing all the fae races to have some kind of say in how their world is run, including those that are half human. However, we are also introduced to Jaron in the final scene who informs Selene that she has been doing great and the plan is going exactly as planned. Selene also has a memory that involves kissing Jaron, leaving Selene wondering if she really is following some grand plan that she doesn't even remember.

Book two introduces us to Selene regaining her memories throughout the story. These memories leave her feeling even more confused about how she feels about Cheney or Jaron. It also has her wondering why she doesn't remember anything about her cousin that apparently she had been very close with. To top it off, Selene's human ex-fiance Michael is kidnapped, her yoga studio burned to the ground, she finds out she has been cursed, her grandma thinks she killed her parents, and Cheney is acting very weird. She doesn't know who to trust or what to do. It's a big mess that does get cleaned up pretty nicely by the end of the story. There are still questions left unanswered, which I believe are leading to what will happen in book three. It's a fantastic story and I want more!