phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

Unbound - Lola James I enjoyed this book more than the first one, Bound to Remember. I read it in less than two days because I couldn't put it down. Lola James has brought a very unique personality to several Greek mythological gods, that I just found refreshing.

Bound to Remember ended with Toni having a spell removed from her that made her change appearance and personality. She almost seemed to have two warring personalities trapped in one body. It appears that over the many lifetimes that Toni has lived, her most recent one is actually hanging on even after she has been freed from the blessing (or perhaps curse) of immortality. Her so-called friend and witch Annie, has an even bigger role in this book than the first book. She brings all the key players together and let's just say it's not going to end well for some of them. The part that surprises everyone though is how in love with Hades Toni really is. However, Toni's life as a doctor has her confused by being in love with Ben too.

It's not a very long book, so I don't want to give away too much of the plot. You will read about a handful of gods and be surprised by their personalities. You will also be thrilled and shocked by the ending. Lola James is the queen of cliffhangers. I want more!

Read more reviews at Identity Discovery Blog.