phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

The Three Lost Kids & The Christmas Curse - Kimberly Kinrade The Three Lost Kids series is one that I have been thoroughly enjoying. Each story has a lesson that the three girls need to learn (typically with one of them needing the lesson more than the others). The girl who needs the lesson the most is the one whose perspective the story is being told from. You can read my reviews of Maddie World and The Three Lost Kids and the Death of the Sugar Fairy on amazon or my blog identitydiscovery.net.

This story is from Bella's perspective (she's the middle child). Christmas this year for Bella was somewhat a disappointment. First her parents decided to try to focus Christmas on being a family and not on the presents. This meant that they got their stockings in the morning and one present. The rest had to wait until after dinner and Christmas caroling that night. When they got to opening presents, the girls were super excited. Bella however ended this activity feeling like she missed out on something. She got a dress, a sweater, a jewelry box, and a sparkling rock. Nothing to play with, but she learns that the rock is supposed to grant one special Christmas wish. She wishes that everyday were Christmas and that they would get everything they ever dreamed of getting. This is where the story takes on an element of the movie "Groundhog Day". The girls must figure out what lesson they have to learn in order to return the world to the way it is supposed to be. I don't want to give too much information away, so you will have to read the book to find out how the girls feel about having Christmas everyday and what lesson they really need to learn. Ultimately the best thing I can say about this story (other than it being a great book and perfect for you kids) is be careful what you wish for.

Read more reviews at identitydiscovery.net (Identity Discovery Blog)