phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

The Vampire's Hope - Danica Winters This is one heck of a fast read. I read it in a matter of hours. The story jumps right into the action and doesn't stop the momentum until the story is done. Ellie is human at the beginning of the story. She's had a very tough life and finds that there is nothing worth hoping for or even an emotion worth feeling. She is completely numb to everything around her. The only thing that drives her is the need to find a job so she can eat. This need takes her to a bar where she blindly walks into her new life. Lucky for her, she really didn't feel anything as she was killed and turned into a vampire. In reality the new life suits her just fine since she kind of felt like she wasn't alive to begin with. However, as a vampire her emotions actually spark to life (instead of the other way around like most vampires). She finds herself inexplicably drawn to a man named Ian. He is her sole reason for disobeying orders, well him and her still driving need for food. He will show her what it means to feel and also to hope. Hope is the key to everything in her new life. What will happen when she learns to hope and to love? Why was she turned into a vampire? Why does Ian bring out the emotions she never felt she had? You'll have to read to see. Trust me when I say, it won't take long for you to get those answers because you will be done with the book before you know it.

Read more reviews at Identity Discovery Blog.