phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

Shifty Business (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #3) - Olivia Hardin I have read this entire trilogy and honestly had forgotten some of the details when I opened up this book. I am happy to say that even if you read Bitten Shame immediately after it was released, you will have no trouble diving into Shifty Business. I could not put this book down and my poor son was very mad at me for it. It took me 3 hours to read it. I just wanted to know that badly how it was going to end. Speaking of which, if you went to the release day party, you know that even though this is a trilogy, Olivia Hardin has more in store for us.

This book focused on Gerry, the shapeshifting witch and her obscure relationship with Nicky, the dhampir. You can tell in the previous books that there is something odd about their relationship, but I was surprised to find out that they were secretly married. During one of their missions, Gerry comes in contact with a little girl whom they are trying to rescue from being sold into slavery (i.e. food for a vampire). The mission goes completely awry. Gerry walks out of it without a scratch on her, but suddenly becomes comatose. Nicky is forced to whisk her away and to hide this little silver box in a place that even Gerry cannot find (she's the one who gave it to him). He is at his wits end on how to wake Gerry up from her coma when a voodoo lady finds him. She tells him exactly what needs to be done so that Gerry can be awakened. You will be shocked at what he must do and why. I refuse to share that information, but it was pretty amazing...and weird.

Once awake, Gerry is forced to dig into her past in order to save her future. Well really it is to save not just her future, but pretty much every supernatural child out there, Nicky's, herself, and everyone in their tight little group. She must face her twin sister Dy while maintaining her very fragile marriage. Will she finally tell everyone her deep dark secrets? Will she and Nicky ever get past the lies? Why has her powers gone completely out of control? Read to find out and be sure to check out the epilogue. Rooney!!! That's all I have to say about it.

Read more reviews at Identity Discovery Blog.