phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

Fire and Illusion - Patti Larsen If you read the first book in this series, then you were dying to find out what happens next to Burdie. I had a couple of other books I had to read before I read this one, and IT WAS KILLING ME! I just HAD to know what happened next. I literally read this book in less than 24 hours, pretty much non stop.

Burdie is a hot headed witch who has found out that there is something dreadfully wrong with her magic at the end of book one. She has also found out that the boy crushing on her, and son of her host family in London, is trying to destroy her life. And for what? All because she turned down his advancements. She had feelings for Hugh, but not the feelings that he thought she had. Now Burdie wants nothing more than to get him out of her life since he had pretty much doomed her to being burned at the stake at the end of book one. The only upside to all this is that she is now stuck travelling with Jack, the boy she thinks she might be falling for, and a very odd group of other magic users she appears to adore. Her life has become an adventure whether she wants it or not.

This entire story centers on finding out what is wrong with Jack and Burdie. She has two magics at odds inside of her and Jack is turning into a gold statue. How did this happen to Jack and how long can Burdie, Vasek, Stella, and Josephine keep Jack from getting into the clutches of the Brotherhood? What does the Brotherhood and Steam Union want Burdie for when her magic seems to be at war within her and mostly is useless? You will have to read to find out. I am not going to give it away! You will be amazed and will really need book three close by when you finish. I know I did!