phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

Spell Checked  (No Uncertain Logic, #1) - C.G. Powell This was a wonderful read! I read it in about two days because I just had to know what was happening next. The story moves along at a quick pace without feeling like you are missing any information. You get all the information you need just when you feel like you need it. I thoroughly enjoyed the new twist on where vampires and witches come from (not telling where because you should read it). This story is about how vampires and witches exist in our world (specifically taking place in Dublin, Ireland mostly). Humans don't exactly know that they are among us, but they also are very accepting of the possibility. Vampires still need to drink human blood to survive, but it turns out that witch blood is poisonous to them. However, witches have breed so thoroughly with the human population, that it is becoming increasingly difficult for vampires not to drink some of the witch blood in their "human" donors. This is a problem that Beck, the main vampire character of the story, is researching for solutions. He believes there must be a way to help vampires and witches alike survive on Earth without bringing about war and with helping all races. He believes his research will even bring an end to many diseases like Cancer and Aids. This is where the main character, Mae, comes in. She becomes a part of his research as well as the love of his life.

Mae finds herself in Ireland on a vacation with her best friend Gemma. During her vacation, she beoms immersed in the world of the supernatural and finds her true place in the world. She has been an orphan, adopted child, and finally left alone when her adoptive parents died. Her only family is her best friend Gemma. She loves anything geeky (a woman of my own heart), but finds it difficult to really fit in since technology is still primarily a man's world. Beck falls in love with Mae even though his real reason for meeting her is because the soul of his eternal beloved is trapped somewhere in Mae's body. Helen of troy, Beck's beloved was cursed by Aphrodite to keep returning to a new body after death takes her and to find Beck again and again since he will never die. Mae is the host for this lifetime, but Beck falls in love with Mae and must decide between the love of his eternal life and his true soul mate. I thoroughly loved this story.