phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

The Mystic Wolves (Mystic Wolves, #1) - Belinda Boring What an amazing book! I seriously could not put this one down! I started it last night and finished it in less than a day. If you like books that get right into the romance immediately, this is for you. I seriously was wondering what the plot really was for a few chapters because it focused so heavily on the relationship between Darcy and Mason (pack alpha). Darcy and Mason came together through a blind date by Darcy's mom and their wolves instead claimed each other. It was love at first sight and their love has only grown since. There is an interesting aspect of this story in that neither one of them is ever satisfied if you catch my drift. In order to be together they must go through a mate bonding ceremony where it is highly important that the female remains pure. Their ceremony has been scheduled and they are waiting for some specific date to come around before they can consummate their love. In the meantime, they thoroughly enjoy driving each other crazy. Don't get me wrong, even though I didn't know where the story was going for a while, it's still a very entertaining read.

At some point it does become clear that there is actually someone out to destroy Mason in some way. This person orchestrates the death of Mason's beloved sister and a childhood sweetheart. After that, he is out to get Darcy. She ends up kidnapped and you find out that there is actually something special about her, but we don't know exactly what that is. Then she is returned to Mason to deliver a message and show that no one he loves is really protected. The story ends up with a vampire rescuing both Mason and Darcy and the peace treaty between vampires and werewolves solidified. Finally we end with a HUGE cliffhanger as another werewolf shows up on their door and tries to lay claim to Mason. What will happen? Will Darcy's wolf kill this intruder? Will Mason have to choose between them? Where did she even come from??? All questions that I am sure are to be answered in the next book, but boy it's going to drive me crazy waiting until I have to time get it!

read more reviews at http://identitydiscovery.net