phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

Immortal Voyage - C.G. Powell C.G. Powell has taken a very interesting perspective in the city of Atlantis in this story about how aliens and humans can co-exist. The truth about Atlantis is a secret though, so shhhhh! This story is primarily about a family who rules a portion of the world called Eir. The queen dies during childbirth of their fifth baby girl, but leaves behind no sons. As her last dying wish, she makes the King promise to let their daughters marry for love. It's a pretty big deal since now the king has to rely on a daughter to marry a man who is capable of running the kingdom without getting to groom him for the position. It is entirely possible each daughter would marry someone completely incapable of being the next king, but he swears to her as she dies that they will marry for love.

Seventeen years later, the king has married off two daughters and one has married a man that could rule, but no one wants him in a position of power. The other appears to be a complete idiot whom no knows much about at all. King Rowe is on a mission to marry off the other three as he is getting older in age. During this time he has had the chance to groom one man to take over in hopes that one of his daughters would indeed fall in love with him. It's a gamble that you will definitely enjoy reading about. His other chance of leaving the kingdom with an heir is to break his dying wife's wish and betroth Jael, the youngest. You will learn that Jael is different from her sisters and Rowe has a very good reason for the betrothal other than finding an heir. It's a mystery that has surrounded Jael since her birth and will leave you shocked at the end. Rest assured that the story has a happy ending and leaves an opening for a second book. I thoroughly enjoyed this and even though I typically avoid aliens, this is well worth the read. Especially since it is C.G. Powell, an author I thoroughly enjoy.

Read more reviews at Identity Discovery (blog).