phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

Echo of an Earth Angel (Earth Angel #1) - Sarah M. Ross I started reading this book last week. It took me a while to get through just because I had it in my head that this was actually the second book in the Patronus series. Whatever you do, don't think that. Yes both books are about angels of some form, but they are completely unrelated. Once I realized that this was a different series, the story flew. Obviously, from that statement, the story revolves around angels and not all of them are the good kind. As far as I can tell, there are no other types of supernaturals in this series, but this is just book one so don't hold me to that.

The beginning of the story is rather tragic. Tessa is recovering from a year long coma after being shot in the head. She was destined to die that day, but David intervened fate. Unfortunately, Tessa's parents also died during this tragic event and now she is alone except for her best friend Morgan. Strange things keep happening to her causing her to question her sanity (aside from her actually having lots chunks of her memory). At this time, David makes his appearance and attempts to explain to Tessa that she is actually an earthbound angel. Unfortunately, his attempts at really explaining things go awry.

You will be surprised with the turn of events. Morgan's life in more than in danger. Tessa questions whether she loves David or if he loves her. David, a rogue angel, is taken to God to atone for his sins since even angels have free will. Tessa makes a series of decisions that will change her life and afterlife forever. It's pretty amazing and Sarah M. Ross really has a knack for writing about angels.

Read more reviews at Identity Discovery Blog.