phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

Shadows of Suspicion - Ashley Dawn Family should be the most important part of our lives with only one person ranking higher for those of us that believe, God. If you are not a believer, this story may cause some issues for you, but you can read it without feeling like you are being criticized. Kerry's entire family are very devout Christians. They believe in God and hold Him above everything else in their lives. They believe that everything happens for a reason and that God will take care of all their worries. This is not the first book in this series (you can read them out of order without completely ruining the other books) which is evident in the plot of this story. Even though I had not read the first book, I was able to understand this story completely. I now know that the role of trusting in God will be a part of the entire series.

This book focuses on Kerry's kidnapping by the son of the man that her brother sent to prison. It starts out as a simple abduction with the ransom being releasing the man from prison, but Kerry was very well educated by her brothers on how to get out of these situations. She has a brother that is in the CIA and one in the FBI. She also has a sister who is a PI. Through their connections, Luke is brought in to locate Kerry and protect her. They don't expect to have to be together for very long. However, the man who kidnapped Kerry goes crazy. He is out to find her at all costs. Luke is her only hope of staying alive without risking the lives of her entire family. I was very surprised with how the two of them interacted since Luke was not a believer. I felt that the author did a wonderful job of showing both Kerry and Luke how God was directing their lives. It was a wonderful story that I enjoyed very much.

Read more reviews at Identity Discovery Blog.