phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

Prophecy of the Flame -  Book Two - Lynn Hardy It has been some time since I read book one, Prophecy of the Flame: Love's Dawning, but I have been anxiously awaiting time to read book two. The first book is about a group of LARPers (Live Action Role Playing) who go to a special event in a hotel to play a game that is very much like Dungeons and Dragons. This group had mostly never met before and were forced into an adventuring party for the duration of their game. During the game, a wizard from another world/dimension casts a spell to bring their entire party to his world in order to save his kingdom from impending doom. They are then forced to actually live as the characters they were pretending to be. Thankfully the transition brought them to this world with the proper knowledge and skills to be who they are supposed to be. This story explains how the group is able to learn to cope with their new renaissance surroundings and how to defeat the demons that are attacking the city. However, after the big battle, they learn that they must leave the city to find and close the gate allowing demons into their world. This is where book one ends.

After waiting almost a year to read this book, I remembered nearly every detail. I opened this book wondering what Reba, the archmage whom the prophecy foretold would save their kingdom, had planned for the upcoming war. I also was wondering if she would give up on returning to Earth or bringing her husband to this realm. The prophecy foretold that she would marry a prince of the kingdom, but not which one, that she would bring change and magic like no one had known, and would eventually bear a child. The crown prince assumes he will marry her and spends much of the book trying to convince Reba that it is their destiny which she cannot change. She does indeed bring about lot of changes, including the Women's Liberation Movement (essentially), and shows them that magic can be used to save the kingdom. As for the baby? Well she will not forsake her marriage vows, but that in itself isn't the problem. She had been told prior to coming to this realm that she could not have children. It seemed that the prophecy was destined to fail which gives her the strength to fight off Alex's advances until the healer in her party fixes her. Now what? Will she find a way to save everyone and herself? You will need to read to find out.

I loved this book. I could not put it down because I had to know what was going to happen. There were a couple of scenes that made me cry even because I could feel her pain and happiness. Supposedly there is going to be a movie made out of these books, and I can't wait to see it!