phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

"If I Should Die Before My Dog -- " - Joe Connolly, Cathy Connolly This is a wonderful book. It's not really meant to be sat down and read, unless you are the one receiving the book already filled in. It is a journal for you to tell the story of your dog's life. In my situation, I filled it out for two dogs. It is really meant only for one, but there's enough space on the pages to write information for another dog if needed. The purpose of this journal is so that if something terrible were to happen to you, the person who would end up with your dog will be better prepared to actually take care of him/her the way they are used to. You know the saying "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"? Well the truth to that saying lies in your dog developing his routine and not adjusting very well to people changing that routine. Your dog has a unique way to tell you when he needs to go outside, when he wants to go for a walk, when he isn't feeling good, etc. Your dog also is used to eating certain foods at certain times and only so much. If you were to leave your dog behind, how will the new owner know that your dog is say allergic to one brand of dog food and not another? How would they know that when your dog puts his head in your lap he is really trying to tell you that he needs to pee instead of wanting to be petted? These are all in this book. You are supposed to fill it out and put it in a safe place. I would say the best place would be to keep it with your will, where ever that may be. I would highly recommend this book for anyone with a dog they love dearly. I also hope to see something similar come available for cats.