phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

The Gatekeeper's Daughter - Eva Pohler I spent a good portion of the book very confused. The story starts with Therese being reborn as a God, which was my first clue that I might not have been reading book one. For some reason I had it in my head that this was the first book in the series, so there were times when I felt like I didn't have all of the information. I still feel like I am missing something. That said, if you actually read them in order, I am sure you will understand what is going on immediately.

The story is all about Therese and the God Thanatos doing everything they can to be together. She became a Good to spend eternity with him and the other Goods on Olympus aren't happy about it. Therese wins over several of them as she goes through special quests in order to gain favors for herself and her mortal friends and family. However the Good Ares refuses to be won over. Instead he is determined the two should never weed and especially never have children. How do you defeat the God of War?

It's a very interesting story that gives you a look at how the Greek Gods and Goddesses interact with one another, how petty their arguments can be, and how selfish they really were. It also shows how someone could become a God as well. It's an interesting twist on some of the myths I have always loved.

Read more reviews at identitydiscovery.net