phaedraseabolt

Identity Discovery

Consequences - Liz Schulte It's been a while since I read the first two books in The Guardian Trilogy, but I have been anxiously awaiting the moment I had some free time to finish up the series. You can check out my reviews for books 1 and 2 on my blog.

The Guardian Trilogy is about Olivia and Holden. Olivia starts off as a human. She is strongly desired by Hell and the Jinni paired with her soul has no idea why. The guardian (a very low level angel) assigned to her has to try to keep the Jinni from influencing her in any way. This is particularly difficult when Olivia and Holden seem uncontrollably drawn to one another. It takes the death of Olivia's best friend to help her see the evil that lurks there. Inevitably she is killed, but Olivia was destined to become a guardian. Her previous guardian becomes her trainer and the two of them begin investigating the disappearances of other guardians who happen to be located in Chicago, the city Holden now controls as the Jinn leader. This is a summary of everything up to this book.

In the third installment, Olivia and Holden are reunited and in love as strong as they ever were. They deny their feelings as much as possible because they are on opposites sides, but their feelings for one another lead them to work together to continue the search for the guardian traitor. Holden agrees to help in hopes of keeping Olivia afterwards in his life. You will be shocked what the two of them and their close group of ragtag friends discover. Olivia is special in so many ways that you will continue to be on your toes wondering how things will turn out. Holden has become unique to his kind as well, and not just because he appears to have control over guardian. You'll have to read the series to find out all the details. It's an amazing trilogy. I wish there was more to read.

Read more reviews at Identity Discovery Blog.